- These tiny snails’ shells have a gleaming, glossy finish with a beautiful yellow and black spiral pattern.
- These are Nerite Snails, so they absolutely never reproduce in freshwater – great for aquarium hobbyists who don’t want snails reproducing in their tanks!
- Totally safe for live plants, live shrimp, and live fish.
- Nerite Snails are widely known as one of, if not the most, voracious algae-eaters out of any snail.
- All Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession) brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support directly from the owners!
These little beauties are great for adding some shine and sophistication to your aquarium. They also clean algae off of glass, plants, and decorations, eat hair algae, and keep your substrate clean.
Nerite Snails are widely believed to be the single best snail in the aquarium hobby for eating algae. They are totally safe with any fish, shrimp, or plants, and are completely peaceful. Nerite Snails require salt water to reproduce, so they will never overpopulate your aquarium (as some freshwater snails are known to do).
Note that these snails are EXTREMELY small. When you receive the snails, they will likely be pea-sized or a little smaller (ranging from 1/4″ to 1/2″ in diameter). If you are interested in snails larger than this yet similar in colors, check out Zebra Nerite snails.
Since Nerite Snails do not reproduce in freshwater, we send younger ones so you can enjoy them for their full lifespan. In addition to their unique glossy finish, the Zebra Thorn Nerite shells have small spikes protruding from the front of the shell that look like little antennae. They definitely add a cute factor to these snails!
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
– PH level range: 6.5 to 8.5
– Temperature range: 65 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit
– Water type: Medium hard
– Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of snails (other Nerite snails, Mystery Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.), dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet shrimp, Sakura Fire Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, etc.). They can also be kept with small to medium-sized, non-aggressive fish.
– Additional notes: With all nerite snails, it’s a good idea to make sure the water line in your aquarium isn’t too high, as these snails tend to climb up beyond the water line. Nerite snails do not tolerate water with high nitrate or copper levels.
Discount Price: £73.51
Buy from Amazon